Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Used


Singers tend to make the band. If you're the frontman, you're the face of the band, the one people look to for inspiration, for answers. That's not to say that the rest of the group isn't important. One man bands are a mystical invention. but that sort of talent doesn't come along all that often.  But back to singers...the band I'm going to talk about today has a singer notorious for being off the wall, crazy, and just a little bit weird. It's the weird that gets noticed though! On that note, I'm going to talk about Bert McCracken and his band, The Used.

The Used was formed and signed (by Reprise) in 2001 by Quinn Allman (guitar/backup vocals), Jeph Howard (bass/backing vocals), Bert McCracken (vocals, keyboard), and Branden Steineckert (drums).  Although now, Dan Whitesides has taken over the drums and has been since 2006.  In 2002 they released their self titled album, in 2004 released their sophomore album In Love and Death, in 2007 they released Lies for the Liars, in 2008 they released Shallow Believer (EP), and in 2009 they released Artwork.  With these albums they have sold millions and have achieved gold/platinum status.  They plan on releasing their fifth studio album this year. It would probably have been sooner, but there have been some management issues.  I am looking forward to it though!

Honestly, I haven't checked up on them in a few years. From time to time I will listen to songs off of In Love and Death to reminise, but I haven't heard much about them. After looking a bit, it seems that that they're doing well, I would like to see this new album sooner than later though. I can remember seeing their video for "All That I've Got" and liking the whole storybook feel of the video. That got me hooked initially and I just became a fan. I am glad they're trying to make a comeback and let's hope they get on a tour soon! Any dates they have can be found here, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment