Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bamboozle!


As I've said before, summer is my favorite time of year to go to shows. Aside from being out of school, there are a ton of festivals to explore where you can hear a ton of bands on one ticket. Although I haven't experienced it yet, I'm going to give a little insight on The Bamboozle Festival.

Bamboozle is a three day music festival in New Jersey, held rain or shine and was started up in 2003 by John D. Newer bands also compete for spots on the stage. There are characters associated with both fictional and real people working on the tour to help people stay connected to the scene and all things Bamboozle.

This festival is sort of like Warped Tour, with tons of vendors and an integration of different genres of music, although it is not as hardcore, or psychedelic, as Bonnaroo.

I'm sad to say I haven't been to Bamboozle. I guess it would be due to the fact that it's usually in NewJersey and it's hard to get a group of people to go up there for three days. It would be no fun going alone! But Bamboozle is going to be in East Rutherford, New Jersey on April 29, April 30, and May 1. You don't have to go every day, single day tickets are available, but your money would probably go further and you'd have a better experience going through the whole festival. I plan on going, if exams don't inetrfere! I'm so excited to see 30 Second to Mars, Lil Wayne, Motley Crue, Blessthefall, Mayday Parade, Circa Survive, and Forever the Sickest Kids. The full lineup for all three days is available here.  Plus, Bamboozle could be a great oppurtunity to scope out some new music. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment